Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Technique Junkie November Release Cards

 Today is my day to post over on the Technique Junkie blog and I am going to show you a couple of cards I designed for the November release as guest designer.  

This was such a fun card to make - I used 3D-Stempel-Farbe Stamp-Paint in Rose Metallic which I picked up at Stamp Show in Collinsville, IL. about 2 years ago.  Well this was the first time I used it and won't be the last.  Using Technique Junkie Butterfly Flight Stencil I applied the paste with a crafting palette knife.  It dried pretty quickly  - then I went around the edges with some distress oxide ink.  For my focal image I used  Acceptance-Respect-Peace which is a set of 5 stamps. Using an ink that very closely matched the butterflies.  I die cut out the image . Applied a few sequins mounted the image on a layering polka dot print and then on a lavender card stock.   

I loved this image from the new November Technique Junkie release , has so many possibilities.  Woodland Wonders is a full A-2 size - I stamped it twice - and it stamps so nicely.  I colored and fussy cut a few of the animals and using pop dot mounted them on the original image.  I used Santa Mail which is a set of 2 stamps.  Stamped in red, mounted on a black circle finished the card.  

For my final card I used Coffee Stain. I then used First Coffee  to make an A2 card.   Stamped and then colored with copic markers the cat with her first cup of coffee..this is me in the morning, don't talk to me until I have had my coffee.. I die cut the image and mounted it on the left side of my gatefold card.  

Hope you have enjoyed these three cards - they were so much fun to create with - go check them out here.  


4 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous trip of cards! Like your butterflies with the strolling and paste - so pretty, nice masculine Christmas card and the last card describes me!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Shirley! You've given us a fantastic treat with all of your creations today! I absolutely love that rose gold metallic paint on the top one...turned out stunning! The woodland critters on the second card stole my heart! Beautiful use of the images! The last card with the humorous coffee theme is too cute!! Brilliantly done and thanks for the inspiration friend!

Cheryl W said...

This is such a great trio of cards, and it sounds like you had so much fun making them. I really love the coffee stain card. That image is so funny. It looks like me in the morning before I've had my coffee. I NEED my morning coffee!! lol

loz said...

Love the butterflies on the first card and the scene with multiple images on the 2nd is fun.. But the third card is the best..Loz