Wednesday, February 24, 2021

The House that Stamps Built Challenge - Anything Goes

 Where has February gone, seems like it was a COLD month - we had two weeks of 20 and below the middle of February plus ice and snow.  A lot of time to "craft" in the warmth of inside.  This week at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is Anything Goes.  

Our Rock star Joy  did a Pick of the week  February 8. 2021 using our Hello stamp sheet, so I thought I would follow her inspiration and make one of my own. 

Using plate 10300 Flower Power Separates and plate 9900 Hello series I first blocked off the center with some post it notes so I could stamp my flowers/leaf on the top andd bottom in various colors of ink. After removing the post it notes I then used friend and Hello from the Hello series plate in black versafine ink in the middle.  I decided to mount this on a black layer and then on a premade black dotted note card.  I had some thin washi tape that matched the blackdots perfectly so I put that on the top and bottom to frame out the hello friend.  This card is in my stash for when I need that "just because" card.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Anything Goes So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of  Anything 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti.  

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous, I like the layout and the bright cheery colors!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and layout Shirley..Loz

Diane said...

I like that, how fun!

Patti J said...

This is even prettier in real life! Glad we got to have a little show and tell yesterday! Felt almost normal. Beautifully done, dear friend! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl W said...

This card is so pretty, and I can't believe how perfectly that washi tape matches your card base. I thought you had colored and cut three different panels and adhered them to your card. It's so cool that it's all one piece! This seems like a really fun technique to try. Thanks for explaining it so well.

Laurie Unger said...

Love this, awesome layout and I bet this is stunning in Real Life!

Heather said...

This is so bright and cheery!! Love the polka dots mixed in with the pretty flowers!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello there! Your card is so pretty and I love all the flowers, so cheerful! I also wanted to thank you so much for your kind words of condolence on my blog on the loss of our Snowie; I really appreciate it. I am so sorry to read that you lost your Callie cat so recently. It's heartbreaking when you've had them for a long time. It was just four months ago that we lost Kiwi. We have just one kitty remaining now, Honeydew. He is going on 17 and diabetic. We give him insulin shots twice a day, and of course we're giving him even more love and cuddles now. Sending lots of love and hugs your way as I know how much you miss your Callie.