Wednesday, February 03, 2021

The House that Stamps Built Designer Choice Challenge

 Oh my gosh where did January go???  So the first Wednesday of the month over at The House that Stamps Built  our Designer Laurie Unger chose the picture below.  



Here is what I came up with, when I saw the picture I thought of Home - and nothing reminds me home more than a nice comfortable easy chair and usually a book.  Doesn't my chair look comfy???  



As my base layer I used some whitewashed woodgrain paper.  Then I went to work on the stamps.  I choose 10500 Ovals and Round  Frames  which is a set of 6 oval and round in various sizes for framing which is what I did on this card.  For my focal image I used 2628-H Comfy Chair which I paper pieced with some pretty plaid paper.  3922-G Home Sweet Home  I think will work for a Just Because, or Thinking of you card.  Just give me a book and that chair and I'll be happy.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of photo  inspiration  So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of  Photo Inspiration.  

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti. 

8 comments:

Donna said...

How stunning Shirley, great take on the photo, your background paper and the paper pieced chair are fabulous!

Laurie Unger said...

Yes, your chair looks comfy! Love the wood grain paper in the background too. Awesome job with the DCC challenge this month.

Patti J said...

That is so sweet! Makes me want to crash with a great book! Good job on the challenge, as always!!!

loz said...

Beautiful card Shirley..Loz

Heather said...

Oh, yes, it does look comfy! It's a bit outside the box, but I think it does tie in with the picture perfectly! Great card all around!

Cheryl W said...

I'd like to curl up in that comfy chair with a good book. And your woodgrain background is perfect. Fabulous card!

Carol L said...

I agree - just give me a big comfy chair and a good book and it feels like home! What a great take on the challenge photo - you nailed it beautifully!

Diane said...

Great card! Cute and simple. That chair does look comfy.