Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Use a Border - The House that Stamps Built

 November is really flying by quickly.  This week over at The House that Stamps Built  our challenge theme is to use a border or border stamp.  Here is my card:




I needed a sympathy card - and just didn't have any in my stash that I liked so I made a new card using 1505-N Rose Border, 4025-F With Deepest Sympathy , and for the inside I used 4013-H Those we Held verse.  The flower I choose to use was 631-G Single Rose .  I went with red/gold for my layers - the gold embossed so beautifully on the red layer - for the sentiment I used With Deepest Sympathy on a white diecut panel again embossed in gold.  On the inside along with my sentiment again everything embossed in gold I used the single rose in the corner as well as on the lower left hand side of my envelope.  I like the simplicity of this card and the beauty the gold embossing brings out.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of use a border  So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of  Use a  Border.  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti. 


8 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

This is so pretty! I like how you finished the inside as well, Shirley.

Donna said...

Your sympathy card is so elegant and stunning, and I like the sentiment.

Patti J said...

This is gorgeous! Love that you heat embossed your borders…beautifully done!

Cheryl W said...

I may just have to case this card, Shirley. I think I have a rose border like the one you used. I'm always looking for new ideas for sympathy cards, and your card is really pretty. The gold embossing is elegant and perfect for this particular card. I really like the single roses on the inside, too. They finish off the card so nicely.

*Vicki* said...

Really elegant and warm card here Shirley! Great idea to make a sympathy card too as I don't always have them on hand when needed! The gold embossed border is so pretty too!

Lynette said...

So beautiful in red and gold. Sorry you needed a sympathy card. :-(

loz said...

Beautiful card and gold embossing Shirley..Loz

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the gold embossing on the red; it looks fabulous!