Friday, March 31, 2023

Cuppa and a Card

 At our last Cuppa and a Card at Paneras Bread Company I gave Sally a little break.   We usually get a cup of coffee, tea or even hot chocolate.  Oh did I mention a pastry - Bagel, muffin, or cinnamon roll.  We usually meet at 8:30ish and share our weeks creations, visit, socialize, and then try and start at 9:00 ish on our card of the week.   The theme was "What is your Shape".  We often tend to forget about shapes when we look at a current catalog of SU,CTMH, etc. and there are so many possibilities with litterally shapes.  I used Water Color Shapes - and when the girls came in  I asked them if they were square or round!!!  Just to mix up the seating a bit. 



What a fun time we had - my friend Donna who came from St. Louis on Monday and stayed all night came to Cuppa and a Card as well and we all stayed for lunch.  

So next time you go shopping either in person on on line or from a "new catalog" don't let the shapes pass you up.  There are so many possibilities to use these stamps.  All stamps used in these cards are from SU. 

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Looks like I missed a good class - your cards all turned out so nicely! Thanks for sharing, and giving me some ideas to try! See you Monday...and Tuesday!!!

*Vicki* said...

These are really brilliant creations with all of those shapes used in your designs! I love especially the color combos you've used! Great idea for sharing your creative fun and I'm sure they all loved it! Wish I lived a bit closer to join you too!

Cheryl W said...

Your "shapes" cards are just wonderful. I forget about using shapes in significant ways on my cards, so thanks for the reminder. One of my favorite ways to use shapes is to mask off the shape and then do some ink blending before adding some stamped images.

Donna said...

Such a fun time with friends and two fabulous cards! Thanks Shirley!

loz said...

Fabulous cards Shirley. Love how you all meet up for a cuppa and cardmaking..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

This sounds like you all had a blast. Wonderful cards! Thanks for the reminder on using shapes. I tend to shy away from round for some reason. Thanks for the inspiration.