Friday, April 17, 2020

April 17, 2020 Triple Easel Free as a Bird

I am really enjoying making the triple easel card - instructions can be found on Pinterest or Dawns Stamping Thoughts (where I got my inspiration). Lots of scoring but easy to follow directions.
One of my best friends had a birthday this week so I made this card with her using SU Free as a Bird, colored with copics.  I should have put my pair of birds on the back easel up just a little but.....  This is almost like a little giftie in itself.  I fixed up a little birthday bag of goodies for her with some SU goodies that I got free during Salebration, including the stamping kit of cards (which sold out), the new stamp cleaner pad and then a gold wink of Stella pen.  We also had some "fresh goodies" from the garden so took her some fresh rhubarb, and a bag of home picked blackberries.  Had to leave it on her front porch and I went to the car and she came out on the porch.  Got to visit for at least few minutes.

I have one more triple easel I made but that is for another friends birthday so I can't post it just yet.

I have found if you have everything cut and layers together the process goes quickly.  Give it a try.

Challenges:
     Scor-Pal -more than one score
     Cute Card Thursday - things with wings
     Patties Creations - Birthday

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Shirley! I'm sure Cheryl loved the card and her goodies along with the short visit.

Danni said...

What an awesome card! So pretty!

Jessie said...

Love your card design, beautiful.
Thank you for sharing it in the Cute Card Thursday challenge

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colours Shirley. I really must have a go at one of these designs..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Your card is so pretty, Patti. I have not yet tried to make a triple easel, but they're definitely an impressive card. Like you say, a little gift all by themselves.

Darnell said...

It looks too complicated for me, Shirley, but I certainly love the look of it and I'm sure your friend will cherish it! It is definitely a gift all by itself! She's a lucky lady to also receive the goodies you gave her!! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Andy said...

Ooh I love this. May have to give this one a go. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

This is such a beautiful birthday card for your friend. I'm sure she loved it along with the goodies you sent her. Thanks so much for entering your project into our recent challenge over at Pattie's Creations. Good luck in the draw.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!