Friday, May 07, 2021

Mother's Day Cards

 I usually send out three Mother's Day cards - one for my dear daughter, one for dear grand daughter and one for a dear dear friend which I will post on my Repeat Impressions blog.  Here are the two for daughter and grand daughter 





Not much stamping except for the sentiment on the inside and the bouquet of flowers on the first one.  I had a graphic 45 paper pad in my "stash" and it is divided off by month.  I choose May and it had the perfect sheet with many options for mother's day.  I was able to get 2 cards out of one sheet as the sheets were 8 x 8. The first card used a SU retired bouquet - and I die cut a sheet of velum to go over the focal image.  I'm trying to use some of my "old" stamping supplies and I thought the vellum overlay was perfect.   My second card I made a slide and lock gatefold card - just pullup on the little purple bow and the gatefold opens. 

I usually put a little gift with the card as they are both pretty good moms.   

7 comments:

Carol L said...

These are just beautiful and I love the unique fold! Since purple is my favorite color, these are both looking very special to me, and I know your lucky recipients will love that you made them just to make their mother's day special! Happy Mother's day to you!

Cheryl W said...

These are gorgeous! Lucky daughter and granddaughter. I love the paper you used, as well as the different card formats. I've never made that slide and lock mechanism, but I've seen it a few times in my card searches online.

Patti J said...

Beautiful cards! I know M and P will cherish them! Thanks for sharing...you’re a wonderful mom, grandma, and great grandma! Best ever friend, too! Hugs...

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Shirley, like the colors and your lovely designs!

Lynette said...

Such gorgeous paper, and you have used it so wonderfully - beautiful cards!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful cards. 😀
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

loz said...

Two beautiful cards Shirley..Loz