Wednesday, May 12, 2021

The House that Stamps Built - Sewing or stitching

 This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is to use an image you would see in sewing, or we could do anything "stitched" real , drawn in, or die cut.  


I had the designer paper with spools in my stash and this was a great opportunity to use it.  I made a tag for my focal image using 3318-B Spool of Thread  and paired it with 9314-E Sew Special.  I stamped the spool of thread on the designer paper spools and fussy cut them out and pasted them on my stamped spools. I did some real machine stitching on the left side of my card - two rows.  Used some ribbon thru my tag and card done.  I think a purse sewing kit and this card would be a nice little giftie for one of my chemo buddies.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Sewing So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of Sewing  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti.  



9 comments:

Donna said...

Fabulous card for this challenge, like your tag, background paper, your stitching and great props for your photography-the thread even matches the colors on your card!

Lynette said...

A very cool card! The paper was sure perfect for it. I always love real stitching on cards, and I have rarely done it. Yours is great!

loz said...

Fabulous card and DP Shirley..Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Super cute card for this challenge! Love your Designer paper and it goes so well with the spool stamp. Awesome job, Shirley.

R's Rue said...

So creative.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Patti J said...

You have the best stash of designer papers I've ever seen! I love 'shopping' at the Hotop Paperia! What a darling card! The papers are totally perfect for the stamps you used! Great job, as always :)

Heather said...

This is so pretty!! Your spool paper is perfect!!!

Cheryl W said...

Very cute card! I have plans to make some sewing themed cards, too. I sew, as do all of my sisters, so I have several people I can give these cards to. Thanks for the inspiration.

Diane said...

How cute! Love the stitching.