Wednesday, July 07, 2021

The House that Stamps Built - Use a Stencil

 Hope everyone had a nice July 4th.  We bar-b-qued and just relaxed here at home.  

This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is to use a stencil on our project.  


I did use a stencil on this card design, but I was playing around with my gel press and Donna  suggested I use a stencil on what ink I had left on my gel press.  Well this turned out to my liking.  I used 2614-D, 2616-D, and 2617-D, all Tiny Birds.  I thought the birds went with the feather stencil - I colored them in with colored pencil and low odor mineral spirits.  I decided to make it a birthday card and used the 1904-I A Special Wish sentiment.  Iwante to get all of the stenciling in so I made a square card, which will cost more postage, but I don't make very many square cards. 


8 comments:

Donna said...

This turned out fabulous, like your Gel plate background and how you finished it!

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful. It’s so special just like you. I hope your day is wonderful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Laurie Unger said...

I think I need to get those little birdies when Wendy starts up again. so cute! Great background you created with the gel plate and stencil. So fun!

Heather said...

Very fun!! The feathers are perfect to go along with those cutie little birds!

Lynette said...

Oooh, I like the way this turned out! It's fun to use a gel press, isn't it? So many fun tools, so little time!

Cheryl W said...

So creative, and I love your little birds. I have a few sets of colored pencils and some low-odor mineral spirits, but I haven't used them in a long time. Thanks for inspiring me to get them out again.

Patti J said...

This turned out so beautiful! The feathers are gorgeous, and those sweet birds are the perfect finishing touch! Great job, dear friend!

loz said...

Beautiful stencilling and colours Shirley...loz