Saturday, June 04, 2011

Doily Card


Using a doily on your card seems to be popular now - (isn't it funny how trends go?). I saw this on Stamp TV - which is a really good site to get tons of ideas. Talk about a quick and simple under 10 minutes card this is it. I started with a yellow card base, layered with black, then printed downloaded (FREE) from TAC printed paper. On with the doily (and they are so reasonable in price), black circle and then stamped my Limited Edition Bloosoms and Blessings flower in Dandelion Memento ink and embossed with Transcendence Embossing Powder. Makes it pop a bit. I used circle nesties but you could use circle punches for the same effect. Placed some sheer ribbon with a thin silver cord on top and the word FRIEND (from the same set) on top. I added the cute little button bumblebee for a whimsy look. This card can be used for just about anyone or any occasion.

3 comments:

Stef H said...

hey stranger! hope you are well. still making these GORGEOUS cards! good!

hugs :)

Chelsea said...

Gorgeous. I just picked some doilies up today. I ll have to try this

Patti J said...

Beautifully done! Lovin' the doily, and that yellow is SO pretty! Thanks for sharing!