Wednesday, April 04, 2012

DPDC22

I usually enter the Doodle Pantry Challenge and this month is no exception. As a lot of you know I do Chemo Angels and send cards to patients that need encouragement or are celebrating a milestone in their treatment. I received a special request for a patient that was completing her radiation treatments and I thought this card would be perfect to send to her. This image was pre-colored so it was easy peasy. My friend Pat was over today and she brought a circle easel card that she had received recently in the mail so we played a bit and came up with this. I used a clear button and punched out a circle, glued it behind the clear button tied some scrappers floss into a little bow and used it as my prop for the easel. I think this will bring a smile to my patients face when she receives it.

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Shirley, this turned out delightfully cute! It is perfect for Laurie's darling image, and you've pulled it all together beautifully with your button and floss! Your sweet lady is going to love this! Thanks for sharing :)

Chelsea said...

I love the shaped card!! Beautiful!

AllisonG said...

What a great easel card, Shirley! I'm sure anyone would love to receive it, but especially a cancer patient. Thanks for supporting them! It's great to see you at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge again, too!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Ahhh yes.....love love love love love your card and will be doing a little casing of it. Thank you for joining us at Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda Anderson said...

How adorable! What's not to love with this card...it's fabulous!!! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

Linda

Donna said...

Amazing card!

Dawn Frost said...

You did a great easel card and I know your patient will LOVE it! Thanks for joining us for DPDC#22.

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the round easel card and I'm sure the patient receiving it will too. What a wonderful thing to do as it brings some cheer into someone's life when they need it most. Thanks for sharing with us at the DPDC#22!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love what you did with this image. Adorable card and am loving the happy colors and wonderful design. Thanks for joining us for DPDC#22.

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love what you did with this image. Adorable card and am loving the happy colors and wonderful design. Thanks for joining us for DPDC#22.

Donna said...

Absolutley adorable card! Love your happy little bird and with my favorite sentiment from that set too. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry challenge. Hope to see you back next month!