Saturday, October 27, 2012

October 27, 2012 Football Birdie



DoodlePantry Football Birdie, Spellbinders nesties, Prisma Colored Pencils, Sentiment TAC, Doodle DP, Football Leather CS Reminisce, Coluzzle Cutting Template

I made this card for DH's birthday which is Sunday 10-28 - when I saw Doodle Pantry   Football Birdies images I knew that was what I was going to use for his card. How much fun this was to put together.  My DoodlePantry Design Team Mate Georgia had made this in September and I emailed her and asked if I could "case" it!!  I used my "old" coluzzle circle template to cut the circle with on this z fold card - I knew I saved all those templates for a reason.  I colored the birdie shirt to "match" San Francisco 49ers as this is DH favorite football team and then wrote SF on his helmet and jersey.  The football DP that came with this set was perfect and I had a sheet of football leather cs that I had been saving for that "just right" occasion.  I hope he likes his card.       

7 comments:

Stacy said...

What a great card Shirley! Love that birdie image!

Danni said...

Super fun card!

Patti J said...

This turned out perfectly! Love your creativity with your circle, and the image turned out so cute! Great job on your coloring, and love the matching DP's! Did I ever tell you that when DH was building that job in San Jose, we saw the 49'ers practicing on their practice field? It was just a few blocks from DH's condo. Great card!!!

Donna said...

Awesome card, Wayne will be thrilled, it is perfect for him. Hope you are having a great w/e with your company!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous birthdaycard. Love your design and how you tailored the birdie into a SF player. Your hubby will love it!

Peggie said...

Just love the layout of this card. Great job!

AmethystCat said...

oh my gosh - love this card design, Shirley!!! So cute and clever! super fun card!