Saturday, July 27, 2013

July 27, 2013 Mr. Monkey

Doodle Pantry Digi Image and Paper, Mr. Monkey, Sentiment Doodle pantry, Day colored with Wink of Stella yellow, cs from my stash Spellbinders nesties

Saw that I had almost missed a birthday for a chemo buddy who loved monkeys and I thought of Mr. Monkey because he is just so darned cute and when you use the precolored version here  and since I had the yellow cs which matched the bananas perfectly on the digi paper that comes with the set it was easy peasy to put it together.  I love love love the new wink of Stella brush glitter pens and I just got one in yellow and so I colored in DAY and although it does not show in this picture it has a real sparkle.  Put a little pkg. of stickers in with his card and off it went fingers crossed that he will get it on his birthday.
     Challenges:  Southern Girl - Animal Antics
                        Word Art Wednesday - anything Goes
   

9 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable card! I really like this image, I have this one and like to create with it. He will be thrilled with it, on time or not!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Shirley, this is such a cute card. I love this cute monkey teamed with your sentiment. Great matching paper! Enjoy your weekend!

Laurie Unger said...

What a cute card! Love the matching DP!

Patti J said...

He is so cute, and love the matching paper! Cute card, and whew....glad you didn't miss the birthday!

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, fun card; eating a banana while swinging on a tree branch.
We appreciate your participation in our weekly AG challenge. Thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us today.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Shirley! I'm BANANAS over this adorable card. You are SO talented and have a great eye for design. Thanks for sharing with us in our challenge this week, and please join us again soon.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Great card! I love the colors, the image-it all works so Well! Thanks for playing with us at Southern Girls Challenge!
Carolyn, DT

Glenda Atkins said...

Delightful card Shirley, the monkey is having just too much fun! Wonderfully designed too!
hugs
Glenda

L.Wilson said...

This is so cute! I really love all those bananas in the background.