Tuesday, May 20, 2014

May 20, 2014 How Swell

Stamp set from Angel Co. - Spellbinder dies, paper DCWV, bugs EK Success

I have been having some Physical therapy and my PT just told me that she was pregnant - so excited for her so when I saw the sketch on Sketch Saturday I knew how I was going to design this card.  I paper pieced her top and hat colored her slacks.  I took a mouse pad and round wood tool and puffed out her top just a bit to show her baby bump.  Since I had used the lady bug paper I decided to trim with some lady bug stickers which gives it a bit of dimension.  I got her a cute little pair of socks to tuck inside the card.
     Challenges :
          Sketch Saturday: - follow sketch
          Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes 
          The Sisterhood of Crafters - all about babies
          Artistic Inspirations - anything goes punches or dies 

7 comments:

Patti J said...

This was even cuter in real life! Loved the rounded tummy. And those little socks were adorable! Great card...good luck on the challenges! Had a great day today - thanks for inviting me over!

Donna said...

Absolutely adorable, that is one of my all time favorite TAC stamps! She will be thrilled. I like the little lady bugs!

Darlene said...

Such a CUTE creation Shirley ... love all the lady bugs ... perfect with your papers! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BABY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Debbie said...

This is sooo cute!! I love the fun DPs and that sentiment is so perfect for that image!!

Debra Miller said...

Great car Shirley! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday! ~Deb

Alex H. said...

A wonderful card... the colours are just beatiful. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.
;-) Alex H.

Diane said...

Sooo cute! I love that stamp set from TAC. So creative girl!