Friday, February 24, 2017

February 24, 2017 Best Grandma


I have a friend that is going to be a first time grandma to twin boy/girl.  When I have a friend that is a first time grandma I always get them a "Read to Me Grandma" book as a giftie.  
I have had this Lawn Fawn set for a while - and again never before used.  Oh mercy so many that need ink.  Well I thought this would make a cute grandma card with the little owls and it worked out pretty well.  I used some watercolor pencils for my coloring, sponged in some clouds and then started searching for a small grandma stamp. You know one of those things you know you have but don't remember where it is.  Well this was from The Angel Company years ago but it was exactly what I needed for the space. Popped up on a doily, some nature color bg DP,some pearls, and card done to go in with gift.   

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love it! Perfect with the mom and boy and girl owls, so sweet. What a great idea to send the book. I'll have to remember that.

Donna said...

What an adorable scene and color scheme, like the color palette too!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and image Shirley..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Very sweet card! Your friend will love it. I think the owl image was such a perfect choice. It definitely reminds me of a grandma with two little ones.