Wednesday, July 19, 2017

July 19, 2017 Photo Inspiration

This week over at the House that Stamps Built our challenge was the photo below:




And here is my take on this challenge.  I didn't realize that it is very similar to the scene card that I created last week BUT - this time I used REAL Sand as my beach.  I had spray adhesive after masking off the top of the card and I had some sand that I was originally going to make a shaker card but didn't.  For this card I used Happy Summer 9003-E I cut the words apart for a little more versatility and made it into a banner.  I then used the darling Flip Flops 8719-G and then the Small Starfish 4111-F .  I sponged some "new" oxide inks to create the water and sky - love these new inks - they blend so nicely.  

Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the challenge theme of  the photo/or colors challenges.  the possibilities are endless for this challenge so hope to see lots of entries. 
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti  

7 comments:

Donna said...

This is such a cute scene Shirley, and fits the challenge to a T. That sand is great.

loz said...

Fabulous scene card and I Love the real sand on the bottom Shirley..Loz

Patti J said...

Such a cute card, my friend! Loved this challenge, and you nailed it! Those flip flops are darling! I think I 'need' them!

Heather said...

Such a fabulous scene! And I love that you used real sand; so fun!! I haven't notice those flip flop stamps in the store, I think they might need to go on my wish list. : )

Laurie Unger said...

What a great scene you created based upon the inspiration photo! This nails it!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fabulous card. I love that you used real sand.
xxx

Cheri said...

One can never have too many summer scenes, Shirley. This is fabulous.