Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22, 2017 Christmas Cards



Just a few Christmas cards that I made this year - my favorite is the poinsettia card made with a Tim Holtz die/embossing folder combination (plus 40% off at Hobby Lobby).  Fun to make - fun to decorate and what a WOW.  The second card is a cute little angel from MFT that I paperpieced and the last card with the beautiful deer I cut last year using a BFF's die so don't remember who the company is but love it as well.
Going to make a few New Years cards - love making those - so back to card making, wrapping, and attending a couple parties.
Have to share a bit of "good" news we got this week - well okay a couple of good things to share.  Our son-in-law with the throat cancer has completed radiation/chemo treatments and doing well.  Talk about strength and faith - he only missed two days of work during the 8 weeks of treatment. He and my daughter, granddaughter and SIL in law have been so strong through all of this.  Thanks for the prayers and good wishes.  Second bit of good news is we are going to be blessed this summer with great grand baby #3.  Mama has been a bit nauseated and "tired" but we are all excited.
Sending Merry Christmas Wishes to all of my followers and friends.  May you celebrate the real meaning of Christmas - the birth of our Christ child and have peace and joy in your heart. 

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Your poinsettia card is a stunner!! I really, really love it! Your other cards are great, too, but my favorite has to be the poinsettia. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

loz said...

Fabulous cards Shirley and I also Love the poinsettia card..Loz

Diane said...

Love the cards! My favorite is the poinsettia also. I am so glad to hear your son-in-law has completed his treatments. Still in my prayers. Have a blessed and happy holiday!

Patti J said...

These are all gorgeous! I can vouch for the poinsettia card...what an absolute beauty! The deer die is from Impression Obsession! Thanks for sharing, and happy weekend!