Wednesday, November 07, 2018

November 7, 2018 Designer Choice Challenge


First Wednesday of the month and that means Designers Choice over at 
The House that Stamps Built- and this month Cheri's choice was Teddy Bears.  Well Repeat Imperssions has a very nice selection of Teddy Bears, I choose to use 1603K Bouquet Bear and the sentiment I choose to go with 7205W from Hugs Flip Set.  
I paper pieced my Teddy and with a scrap of velvet paper did his feet and ears - I cut a circle in the front of the card and made a ppframe with a pretty shimmery rose paper I had in my stash.  The Teddy Bear is then actually stamped on the inside of the card.  So -  I have had these 3-D flowers forever and I decided to go out of the box a bit for me and make a bouquet with a small white ribbon bow. Had some petite  floral paper again in my never ending stash that I used for a background.  

Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Designer Choice - Teddy Bears -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

8 comments:

joy said...

Lovely and bright happy card. Great job!

Cheri said...

How fun is this? I had to click the photo in order to see the paper pieceing of the velvet paper...it's a perfect use for this image. Adorable card, Shirley.

Esther Asbury said...

Love the bright and cheery designer paper you used and the fun velvet paper on his feet and ears as well! Cute card!

*Vicki* said...

Such a cute and cuddly bear holding the flowers! :) Love your wonderful floral background to go with your image!! Such a cheerful design Shirley!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Heather said...

This is so pretty!! I love that you paper pieced your bear, too; great minds think alike!! Great idea to use the velvet paper for the little paws, I bet the texture is fabulous!!

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome job with the paper piecing, Shirley. So cute!

loz said...

Very Cute teddy bear card Shirley..loz

Patti J said...

What a sweet card! Love that cuddly little bear, and you've brought her to life! Thanks for sharing!