Wednesday, March 20, 2019

March 20, 2019 Photo Inspiration


Photo inspiration this week over at The House that Stamps Built the above picture was our photo challenge.  I went with the colors (which really don't show true to color on this post)  and then I really felt it kind of went with the picture as well.  I used 4212I Fawn - I used a piece of soft brown velvet paper and fussy cut him/her out.  I then colored in the white spots with a white gel pen - the image is so soft to touch.  When we take walks in the park by our house we see a lot of these babies in the spring.  I punched out a grass border with a sage green and ruffled the grass a bit.  I sponged the sky in grays, and soft browns and for my sentiment I used 1301-F Happy Spring and just used the Spring portion of the stamp. I'm thinking my chemo buddy might enjoy this card.

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Photo Inspiration  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

11 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love how you used a gel pen to accent the fawns spots -- such a sweet spring card!

Cheri said...

Shirley, this is adorable! What a great idea to use the fuzzy paper for the fawn. Great take on the inspiration board!

Darnell said...

Wow, Shirley, how neat that you made the fawn tactile for the recipient to touch and enjoy and I love the detail of the spots! It's a beautiful spring card!! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

I just adore this card with the scene you've created to match up with the color inspiration photo! The white gel dots on the deer was a great call too!! What a cute and fun Spring design!! P.S. Sure wish I could come and join you and Patti for some stamping fun!! Enjoy your time! HUGS

loz said...

Your Fawn card is so adorable Shirley. I wish we had them here in australia, but I have to go to a zoo to see them..loz

Donna said...

What a beautiful scene and great idea to use a fawn for your inspiration, like the fuzzy paper on the fawn!

Heather said...

This is so sweet! The little deer mimics the bunny in the photo perfectly! Would love to feel the soft, velvety fur; what a great idea!

Cheryl W said...

Fawns are such lovely, gentle creatures, and I love the fawn image on your card. It reminds me of balmy spring days filled with soft sunlight and gentle breezes. Wonderful card!

Laurie Unger said...

How cute is this? Darling. I love the addition of the white dots on his/her coat.

joy said...

I like your take on this challenge. The deer is a perfect match for the bunny. What a great card!

Patti J said...

Wow, what a sweet, sweet card! Thanks for the inspiration, Shirley! Hugs...