Monday, December 16, 2019

December 16, 2019 POTW Wood Ornaments

This week it is my turn for Pick of the week for A House that Stamps Built
Still time to make a couple of these easy simple nice ornaments that won't break, can be mailed easily and are just fun. 

Let's gather supplies

STAZ-ON ink is the ink of choice for this to turn out well.  Coloring medium colored pencils,wood ornaments (available on line, hand cut, or at Hobby Lobby) and stamps. The wood ornament was bought at Hobby Lobby in a package of 6 and ribbon was already through the hole.   I choose to make my ornaments using:
     2012-H Poinsettia
     2102-M PEACE
a crop-a-dile for punching the hole in the ornament, and ribbon or cording for hanging. 

I stamped the image on my wood ornaments - make sure your image is sized for adequate image placement.  I let it dry just a couple of minutes.

stamped image on wood ornament

image colored with colored pencils, colors very easily on the wood.  I used some Nuvo dots for the center of the poinsettia, and a gold pen to highlight the letters on the Peace ornament. 

Using my Crop-a-dile I was able to punch the hole in the center for my ribbon/cording to go through. 

Finished ornament.

These are quick, fun,  and easy - and yes you will still have time to make a few for this year.  You could use them as a tag on a package or just give as an ornament.  I have made several of these this year and sent them to family and my chemo buddies for their trees. 



4 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

These are darling and would be a great craft project to do with kids at Christmas.

Donna said...

Beautiful ornaments Shirley!

*Vicki* said...

Oh Shirley, you are so clever!! I see these wooden ornaments like this in the craft store and NEVER think to stamp on them! See, if you remember, my mom is a tole painter and so when I see wood I usually think of that...not stamping! LOL! That's why I have friends like you to show me what can be done! This is gorgeous and a lovely idea to gift! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

loz said...

Beautiful ornament and poinsettia Shirley..Loz