Wednesday, December 02, 2020

December 2, 2020 Designer Choice - Pets

 Can't believe that is is December - and this month always flies by so quickly - especially with the holidays - but our designer Joy over at The House that Stamps Built choose PETS to be our challenge theme.  



I choose 6216-N Nip Bliss as he really reminded me so much of our first cat Thomas Cat.  He was born into a family of 6 on a farm - but we decided to make him an uptown cat - and brought him home in my coat pocket.  This guy brought us so many laughs, warm laps, companionship, comfort, and joy.  He moved from the city with us to our lake house, then we moved to a smaller house in the woods, and he was with us for 18+ years.  In addition to Thomas we acquired Nikki, and Callie and they all three thrived until their later years.  Nikki passed 6 years ago and we still have Callie - our diabetic girl - and she is 17.  

Anyway some simple copic coloring - fussy cut and mounted on a velveteen mat fit for a king.  I decided to cut his name out of red velveteen and used no sentiment.  This guy will always hold a special place as our first.  My hubby says no more cats when Callie passes but...we have had a cat all our married life. Our household would just not be complete without another cat to warm our laps.   

   Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of use a PET. So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps.

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie and Pat 

 

6 comments:

Donna said...

Love your card, Thomas was my favorite, he was my pal when I visited, the velvet fit for a king is perfect. I still miss Thomas.

Laurie Unger said...

Ah, what sweet memories! Great card of the challenge too!

Cheryl W said...

What a sweet tribute to Thomas Cat. We had Bailey, a Himalayan/Siamese mix until she was 18 1/2 years old. She was a good cat and I hope to have another one day when we don't travel quite as much as we do now. Love your creation, Shirley!

Heather said...

Adorable!! I love the look on his face; so smug looking! Glad you have been able to keep all your kitties for so long; that's awesome! My first was 18+ when he passed, but I've not had as good luck with a couple of the others. : (

loz said...

Beautiful card and lovely story of your fur babies Shirley..loz

*Vicki* said...

This is absolutely darling! Your kitty is so happy and sweet looking! Sounds like Thomas was a wonderful fur friend to have! I completely understand! Such a sweet card and memory to share my friend! HUGS