Wednesday, March 17, 2021

The House that Stamps Built Slim Line Challenge

 This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is to do a slimline card.  Well I did a "mini" slim line - the folded size is 3 1/2 by 6.  


  My blending brushes were sitting in my rolling card beside my card sI grabbed a couple and some distress oxide inks.  I used a piece of surgical paper tape (low tack) and went from corner to corner then blended the left side of my card.  I moved the tape to cover what I had blended and I blended the right side of my card in reverse order.  I then used 102-F Dragonfly and 4405-K Dragonfly Deco and stamped in black versafine ink.  I had room at the right top for my sentiment so I used 8617-E Learn.  I had just a very narrow line of white from corner to corner where I had taped off and I used some very narrow glitter washi tape and thought it worked very nicely to finish off the card.  

I then decided to make an envelope since I had everything out, so using my envelope punch board I made an envelope and used my blending brushes to color the envelope like the card.  Since I didn't want to put glitter tape on the envelope I used a pretty blue gel ink pen to accent the envelope.  

 

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Slimline So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of Slimline 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti.   

7 comments:

Donna said...

Your card is so gorgeous Shirley, great colors and design! Like your envelope too!

Laurie Unger said...

Your mini slimline card is adorable. Love your ink blending in the background, it really makes those dragonflies pop!

loz said...

Gorgeous card and colouring Shirley..loz

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Love that you thought to make the mini slimline! I need to try one of those! Thanks for helping me think outside the box, and for sharing your gorgeous creation!

Cheryl W said...

Your card is so pretty and has such a unique design. It was such a cool idea to split the design diagonally with some glitter tape. Your coordinating envelope looks amazing, too. If it wasn't so late at night, I'd go down to my craft space and give your idea a try!!

Heather said...

Very pretty!! The soft colors make me think of a nice, warm, summer day!

Diane said...

Love your card! I love the green and yellow. Great job blending.