Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Altered Cigar Box



Here are 2 pictures of my "altered cigar box" that I gave away at Seminar 2009 as my Prop Swap at Club Med. Rita Kegg received my swap and I was sooo happy. (will post a picture of her with the box soon). I had so much fun putting this together using about 85% TAC product, I did use 3 small charms, a spray bottle lid for the trash can and my DH designed the table and stool. I used Miss moxie as my theme paper to cover the inside and out and as some of the embellishments. I have promised myself that I will make myself one soon. The smoke shop here in town is saving me a couple of cigar boxes so as soon as I get them I can start on mine.

7 comments:

Patti J said...

You know, I have seen this IRL, and I am still blown away! What a great gift! I'm sure that Rita was thrilled to receive it. Great job, my friend!

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

This is incredible! Someone shared a few photos of this project and I too was blown away. Such a neat project!! Did it take you a long time to create?

Anonymous said...

this was such a fantastic prop swap. I'm so jealous that Rita K. received it! Fantastic job! rita w

Unknown said...

This cigar box is amazing!!! The labor involved and your imagination, WOW!

Glittered Paws said...

Stacey - I worked almost one entire weekend on this project, I had the idea in my head but kept adding to the ideas as I was actually working on the project. DH made the table and stool for me (and he had to have it "perfect") and daughter was visiting for the weekend and she had a couple of good ideas to add so it was a work of love.

Lisa T said...

Coo, cool project! Great job, Shirley! :)

Anonymous said...

This was such an AWESOME project Shirley. It was the hit at Club MED. Absolutely gorgeous and all the little details were so fun (like the bits of blue rubber in the trash...what a hoot).

KellyRae Cooper