Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Distressed Color Blocking
Every other month I get a wonderful publication called Technique Junkies - they have some wonderful (and some that I don't care for) new techniques and I try to make at least one if not more of the new techniques. This month I made 2 and used the technique called distressed color blocking. Easy Easy to do and I love the results especially with the Hope Perches card. For the Happy Trails card I used distress ink Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo, DP from a mat stack Pet Stack by DCWV and loved the western feel it had. I punched the bottom of the DP with a "rope" punch . I had a piece of leather so I stamped the horseshoes on it with Staz-On and used it as an embellishment. I used some really tacky glue that my friend Pat gave me. A little scrappers floss and the card is done. I have wanted this set forever and in fact have borrowed,and begged stamped images from this set so I finally decided to go ahead and get it.
The Hope Perches card is from a hostess level B set and it had never seen ink but I am thinking it is going to see more now. I used Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint distress inks along with DP from Me and My Big Idea. I cut the focal image with labels 1, layered on a wine color mat then on the DP, it still needed a bit more so I tied a lt gold satin ribbon to the side and I think it just tied all the colors together. This one is for my cancer patient that I send cards to through Chemo Angels.