Friday, May 11, 2012

Goosebumps Butterfly

One morning last week I went to my stamping friends (Patti J.) house for a creative session. She contributed the coffee filter background and I had the technique from SplitCoast Stampers using goosebumps spray. First the coffee filter, empty coffee ground (very important), air dry or may use heat gun. Using Tim Holtz distress inks rub in different colors with either sponge or Tim Holtz tool. spritz with water and dry again. After completed cut to size and I ran it through the cuttlebug for just some extra texture. Then had an Inkadinkadoo butterfly stamp that I had gotten in the clearance bin at the stamp store in Kimmswick Mo. Using a clean sponge pad for the Tim Holtz tool spray sponge with goosebumps and dab on your image, stamp and quickly clean your stamp!!! This step is very important. Let dry and using sponge or Tim Holtz tool rub colors on the image. How much fun and how pretty it turned out. I had some extra coffee filter left so I punched out some flowers - very delicate - and MS punch for the fern leaves. What a pretty card both of these techniques made.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Gorgeous, how will you part with this one?

Cheryl said...

Oooh, this is a beautiful technique! I love the pretty colors you used. I'm going to have to give this a try.


~Cheryl~

Patti J said...

This turned out beautifully, my friend! I love how it looked after having been run through the cuttlebug!!! A masterpiece!

Laurie Unger said...

Very pretty!

AmethystCat said...

Wow, Shirley, this is GORGEOUS! You and Patti J. did wonderful cards with this technique. I love the oval cut out of the embossed background. stunning!

Kim said...

Beautiful Card! Love everything about this one! I will have to give that coffee filter technique a try...
Hugs