Monday, April 01, 2013

April 1st, 2013 Happy Birthday Cascading Card

Amuse CS, flower nestie and butterfly dies, Sentiments from asst. stamps, pearls from my stash.

One of my besties Pat has a birthday this week and I made her this special card which I was able to hand deliver as she came over on Sat. for a couple of hours.  She always makes amazing cards so I was very happy with how this one turned out -  she was very happy with it and said she was going to "display" it all week as she is having a house full of company! She also liked the AMuse gift certificate that was tucked in with the card.  Her only problem was deciding what to order.  LOL - oh my what a tough decision to have to make.  This is the 2nd cascading card I have made and this one I made with an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of cardstock where as the other one I made I used a 12 x 12 piece of cs.  These are so much fun to make and even more fun to decorate.  Entered in Challenges:
   613 Avenue --- Flowers
   Stamped Blessings---Anything Goes
   Challenges for everybody ---Anything Goes
   Sentimental Sundays - Shaped cards 
     

13 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful! It is another great example of how to use that style card. I love everything about it. Glad Pat did also.

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Shirley! Brilliant design and gorgeous colour! Thank you for sharing with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
Tracey x

Patti J said...

Oooohhhh....it's even pretty on 'The Big Screen'! Girl, you SO outdid yourself on this one! This is so gorgeous - it's on the china cabinet, and I truly cannot walk past it without looking or touching! Ha ha ha...and you noticed that my order for one birthday stamp set ended up as 3 sets and 2 paper packs :) I'm hopeless... Thank you SO much, and thanks for letting me hide out on Saturday while the bug man was doing his bug zapping! Hugs....

Donna said...

So totally awesome, now I really have to try a cascading card!

CraftySue52 said...

Gorgeous! Love the pretty spring yellow. Thanks for playing along at 613 Avenue Create.

Sandy S said...

Oh wow Shirley! Great card! Cascading cards are fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays...

Sandy S
SSDT

Debbie said...

This is so beautiful!! I love to see cascading cards though I've only made one ever!

Blossom Cards said...

love your shape thanks for sharing at 613 avenue create hope to see you next time
Rachel DT

Laurie Unger said...

This is awesome! love the spring time colors and the flowers!

Ellen said...

What a great card! The flowers, the colors... it looks like spring! Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week.
Ellen

Olivia said...

What a lovely job. Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

Tameko said...

Absolutely stunning card design. Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays shaped card challenge.

Chris said...

This is so pretty Shirley - I've been meaning to try one of these types of cards. Someday! Thank you for joining me in my Amusing Challenge Anything Goes on Mar 31...I'm sorry it's taken me so long to pop over for a visit and I'm so glad I finally made it! :)