Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April 18, 2018 Photo Inspiration




This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is an Inspiration Photo/Colors.  I went with a combination of the photo and colors.   

Orange sherbet anyone,  is what I thought of.  My ice cream cone 9008-N which is part of a Cool Treats  which has 3 images of ice cream treats.  I cut them apart so I could use them individually or as a group.  I also had a cute embossing folder with ice cream treats which I embossed on white core texture card stock and then sanded to bring out the images.  For my sentiment I used 9313-D
Sweet Treats.  I paper pieced the ice cream cone and then added a little tag with the sentiment and a piece of green/white bakers twine.  

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  our Photo Inspiration - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

8 comments:

Donna said...

This is just adorable and a great take on the photo inspiration! Talk about creativity and great orange/purple combo Shirley!

Laurie Unger said...

Clever use of the embossing folder on this color palette. Now I want some orange sherbet! Awesome job, Shirley!

Cheryl W said...

I would love some orange sherbet right now! It's so refreshing. Your card looks very refreshing, too. The color combo reminded me of Halloween, so I'm amazed that you were able to come up with a cool summer treat.

Esther Asbury said...

I love the fun and creative way you used this week's inspiration board - right down to the tiny green heart on your ice cream cone! Great card!

Heather said...

How cute!! LOVE that embossing folder; so fun and perfect for this image!

loz said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration piece Shirley..loz

Cheri said...

Yeah, I love orange sherbet!! What a great stamp and creative design for this inspiration, Shirley. That ef is a perfect bg too. Such a fun card and I feel like having an ice cream cone now!

Diane said...

What a fun card! I love the embossed background and the color choices. Great job.