Wednesday, September 05, 2018

September 5, 2018 - Happy Anniversary


Wow - September - the summer has gone so quickly - in a couple more weeks will be seeing the leaves will start turning.  We live in the woods so fall is always a favorite time of the year. 
This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is designer choice - and our rock star is Laurie.  Her choice was to make an anniversary card. 

I knew instantly I needed some more anniversary stamps (on my next order) so I went with what I had available and I think it turned out fine.  The stamps I used
were 10401-O large dotted rectangle frame, 2508I To Those  1218H Heart Balloons. 
I had a scrap - just enough -for my background DP, so I embossed the rectangle in silver to use as my focal point.  - using my Misti I put the sentiment in the center and embossed with silver then placed a heart balloon on each side of the sentiment - again embossed in silver - thinking it still needed just a bit of bling I used a single bling on each balloon then tied some fine silver cord n a small bow and placed it on the string.
 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Anniversary - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 
 


9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love the blue and silver color scheme you used on your pretty card, Shirley! Love the extra bling you added as well!

Cheri said...

Oh, Shirley....I love how you created this with limited anniversary stamps. You did a great job thinking outside the box, girl!

*Vicki* said...

Sounds wonderful ot live in the woods during this changing season! I love Fall! Your card is really gorgeous with the glittery stripes and that sentiment is adorable too! Really fabulous anniversary card my friend! Enjoy the changing season! HUGS

Donna said...

This is so adorable, perfect saying for an anniversary and like the silver/blue combo!

Heather said...

Simple and elegant. Love all the silver embossing!!

Patti J said...

Very pretty card! I don't have many Anniversary stamps either...glad I'll know where some live soon!

Cheryl W said...

This card is not just "fine," it's lovely! The sentiment is so sweet and I love the silver embossing. It looks so elegant. Thought of you tonight when I had a glass of wine with dinner!

Laurie Unger said...

Oh, how sparkly this is. Love all the bling you added to the balloons. Great card, Shirley.

loz said...

Beautiful card and sentiment stamp Shirley..Loz