Wednesday, October 17, 2018

October 17, 2018 Inspiration Photo



Can't believe that we are in the middle of October already and our leaves in south east MO. are so pretty this year.  How perfect for our challenge this week over at  The  House that Stamps Built  .  I went with not only the colors but the picture as well.  I used 3313E Oak Leaf and the sentiment is 6512E Everyday Blessings.  I had a leaf stencil that I had yet to ink up and use so I had fun with different colors for the background.  Then I added some "coffee" splatters.  I used a branch die for my leaves to be hung - which I stamped on vellum and again used some oxide inks to color each leaf.  I made a little tag for my sentiment - tied it with some leaf ribbon and bakers twine and put it in my left corner.  I'm happy with the way it turned out and it was fun to arrange my leaves on the branch.  This one has already been mailed out last week to one of my chemo buddies.  

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the  Inspiration Challenge and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a beautiful Fall creation with the colorful branched leaves! It looks just like the photo in the color inspiration!! Fabulous Fall papers and background with all of the layers too! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Donna said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, it looks lifelike with the background leaves - like they are fluttering from the branch, and the colors are beautifully done!

loz said...

gorgeous card and colours Shirley..Loz

Heather said...

So pretty! I really like how you added the leaves to the branch; perfect for this challenge.

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely fall card, Shirley. I just love this time of year and all the beautiful colors in the trees.

Diane said...

Great card! I love the fall colors. Your paper is perfect. What a fun card to make.

Darnell said...

You've created a beautiful fall card for your buddy, Shirley! I love the stenciled background and the creative design to showcase the awesome colors of the leaves! I missed seeing much fall color when I was in the Midwest. It had been too warm, but the temperatures were dropping down to freezing just as I left so I'll bet everything is in full color or getting there! Hugs, Darnell

Patti J said...

Very pretty! Love it!