Monday, October 22, 2018

October 22, 2018 POTW Inexpensive Cute Little Magnets

This is my week over at The House that Stamps Built to do my Pick of the Week which is a weekly feature of our design team.




I have 3 great grands (little ones) and a senior buddy and a chemo buddy and I am always looking for cute inexpensive little gifties that I can put in a little padded envelope or include in a box that I might be sending to them.  I used glass page pebbles - which I have had in my stash for a while but was at Dollar Tree last week and saw them there in the house deco aisle, as well as Hobby Lobby.  They come in a few different sizes and for this project I used the larger size.  I also used a scrap of orange thick cardstock, white thick cardstock, Memento black ink, ModPodge, and an 1 1/4 inch circle punch.



The stamps I used are:  2324-C Satisfied  2327-C Thoughtful  2328-C Happy and 2005-D Holiday Penguin.

After stamping and Jac-O-Lattern faces on my orange/yellow designer paper and the penquin on white (colored his cute little hat), I centered each image and punched each out with the 1 1/4 inch circle punch as seen below.


Using an older paint brush I applied mod podge on each circle completely covering with a thin layer.  I put my glass pebble on top and yes you do have a bit of wiggle room to adjust and get in the center  Set aside to dry.


Using glossy accents or clear glue of your choice apply a round magnet to the back of the glass pebble.  again set aside and let dry.  I have tried the strip magnets that you just cut off to size and they are not strong enough to hold the magnet up.

You can use any smaller image as I did with the penguin for this project, would be fun to get the kids involved in and makes a cute little "extra" to tuck inside your gift.

My grand daughter doesn't really like for her kiddos to have a lot of candy so this is perfect in their Halloween/holiday package.  One of the great grands (pictured above)is in kindergarten this year and loves to hang her art work on the refrigerator so this works perfect.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Cute idea! Quick and easy, and can be used for any occasion.

*Vicki* said...

These are so cute and really fun to make too!! I adore that penguin! I think I am in need of a few of these myself and I thank you for the inspiration! HUGS

Donna said...

What a great idea, these are just adorable and perfect for your great grandkids!

Patti J said...

These are adorable, and your Bella is simply gorgeous! She gets prettier every year!

Pam Sparks said...

She's a doll and the magnets are so fun! Some friends made me some one year and I love them! I agree with your granddaughter about candy... too much sugar and food dye. ugh The dressing up is so fun though. I've done other things over the years too. They love cash! lol

loz said...

Fantastic project Shirley...Loz

Cheryl W said...

Your great granddaughter is a beautiful little lady. What a fun gift in lieu of candy!