Wednesday, January 02, 2019

January 2, 2019 DCC - Snowglobe


Well - hope everyone had a Happy New Year and a Merry Christmas.  This is the first DCC of the year 2019 at The House that Stamps Built.  Our Team member Esther chose Snowglobes as our challenge.  Well I didn't have a snow gobe stamp per say so I improvised.  I used a circle die and a free hand base.  Then what to put in my snow globe.  Well I went a little funny on this one.  See I love this set Holy Crap 10600  which is a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of red rubber with multiple words and images to go with this theme.  Yes you can buy them individually
10601L Holy Crap and 10634I Outhouse and 2714D Small Pine Forest but I went for the entire sheet and never run out of fun options.
I circle cut my globe in a light blue DP then did some shading and added the moon with distress oxide inks. Used some glitter paper under the base and then stamped (second generation) pine trees in green - just to add a feel of a real outhouse.  Paper pieced the outhouse, and if you look closely you will see some handmade icicles on the outhouse roof and under the BRRR. I then die cut BRRR from some navy velvet paper I had - and if anyone has had to use one of these at night  in the winter you know just how cold it is.  Did some snow splatters added a blue velvet bow and a white snowflake and done.  I have a friend who will appreciate this - as they go camping a lot - summer and winter so it will soon be on the way to her.

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Snowglobe  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge. If you don't have a snowglobe improvise or order snow globes here 8901-L using the discount on my side bar.    You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

10 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Shirley, what a fun take on the challenge this week! Not only is your handmade snowglobe fabulous, but your inside elements make me chuckle. You did a great job at creating a frosty, outhouse scene....makes me glad for indoor plumbing! (smile!)

Diane said...

Cute snow globe! I love the theme with the icicles and snow coming down. Never used an outhouse but this is how I would imagine it!

*Vicki* said...

Shirley, this is such a fun and clever take on the snowglobe challenge!! I just love how you've made the snowy scene inside of your snowglobe and I love the humorous style of this design too!! Lots of fabulous details in your scene! Best wishes for a very happy and healthy New Year in 2019 friend! HUGS

Cheri said...

OMGeee, Shirley....I LOL the second I saw this in the line-up. So glad we don't have to use one of those buildings these days, but that's not to say I haven't...even in winter. Your sentiment was a perfect pairing. What a fun snow globe card!!!

loz said...

I LOVE your snowglobe and scene Shirley...Loz

Laurie Unger said...

Oh, how funny this is. Great job at coming up with something for this challenge.

Donna said...

What a stunning and fun card Shirley! Like how you added the bow and snow flake for embellishments!

Heather said...

Wow! Great job improvising!! I don't think I've ever seen an outhouse in a snow globe before. I wonder what happens when you shake it . . . ?

Cheryl W said...

Ha, ha! This is the best snow globe ever! Wish they were all this comical. Nice job on putting it all together. Your trees in the background were perfect and really do give an outdoorsy feeling to the whole scene.

Patti J said...

Pure genius! How fun to have the outhouse in a snowglobe! No shaking allowed, ya hear??? Lol!!!