Wednesday, January 09, 2019

January 9, 2019 Tic Tac Toe





My favorite challenge of the month at The House that Stamps Built is Tic Tac Toe - and I choose to go with the bottom line across.  

I love to do fancy folds - always a challenge for me - some are harder than others but this one was an easy one, I call it the split easel.  For my focal images I used 
4516C Tea Cup and 4517F Tea Pot  and for my sentiments I went with a Happy Birthday using 1819I Wishing you Happiness and 6512E Everyday Blessings.  I stamped the sentiments in a dark grey - and I really like it - adds just a bit of softness.  Colored with copic markers, blue ribbon from my stash, and then a bestie got me a set of a stencil and flowers and the flowers went perfect so I used two of them on my card as well.  Gives it a bit of a Victorian feel.  We did this fold a couple of months at a get together with some of my stamping buddies, and I have since made it several times.  

 Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Tic Tac Toe  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.      You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 



10 comments:

Donna said...

What a fun fold, beautiful coloring and sweet message!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh how fun -- I love your split easel card with the adorable little cup to hold it up! So cute!!

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous fun fold design Shirley!! I've not tried this one out yet and it's something I'd like to try out! :) Love those pretty flowers along with your colors and ribbon which makes for a nice Vintage feel! I also think that tea cup on the side is so pretty!! Have a great day friend! HUGS

loz said...

Beautiful card Shirley. I love the split easel card. A new technique that I have not seen before..loz

Heather said...

Beautiful! And that is a very fun fold!

Cheryl W said...

What a great fancy fold! I haven't tried this one yet. I like fancy folds, too, but they do take a little extra time. I love the teapot image on your card, and it's colored so beautifully. The flowers add a nice touch. Really pretty!

Laurie Unger said...

What a great fun fold - made a really cool card. You are so creative with different folds/card like this. Awesome job.

Diane said...

Love your card! Those colors are perfect for it. I love fun folds also. Miss you friend!

Cheri said...

Love, love, love this, Shirley! Your fun fold is fantastic and your coloring on the tea kettle is perfect. The flowers add beautiful dimension.

Patti J said...

This is wonderful! Love the fold! Is this the one we did at Sally's? I need to use it again, if so!!! Thanks for sharing!