Wednesday, June 05, 2019

June 6, 2019 - Anything with Wings


Wasn't it just May - it sure did go by quickly.  So now the start of another new month - June - and we have a couple of surprises.  This week over at The House that Stamps Built  our newest (well really old) Rock Star is Patti Gilliam.  She was a Rock Star a couple of years back and has now joined us again.).  I'm sure you will enjoy seeing her work again.  
Form entry with the challenge of Anything with Wings I used the image
1704-P Great Blue Heron.  I colored the main image with colored pencils.  I have a die cut image of just waves, so I put the Heron standing in the water.  You can see his legs peeking through the open waves.  I then stenciled in some clouds,and for my sentiment I used 9717-C Happy Hello.  I think this will be a very nice masculine card.  Maybe a=even a Happy Fathers Day card.  

 Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Anything with Wings.   So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. ow it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a Stencil  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti.    


9 comments:

joy said...

I really like how you have used this image- beautiful card.

Esther Asbury said...

I almost used this stamp for this week's challenge, but then decided to use the pelican instead. (Great minds think alike?!) Love your coloring and those awesome die cut waves!

Patti J said...

This heron is beautiful! What a great masculine card! Love the die cut he is standing in, great idea!!! Someone will be pretty excited to find this in their mailbox! SO happy to be back here with you, dear friend! I've missed creating 'together' each week! You know, I looked back, and I have been with RI off and on for nearly six years before coming back! Wahoo for crafting with my RI family!

loz said...

Beautiful card and scene you have created Shirley..Loz

Donna said...

How beautiful, like your coloring and how you did the water!

Laurie Unger said...

Fun card - that image really pops out on this, and great coloring too.

Cheryl W said...

That stately bird on your card is so handsome. I was lucky enough to see some blue herons when we were in Florida last year. They're really awesome creatures. Great card!!

*Vicki* said...

That image is stunning and you've done a wonderful job show-casing him on your design here! So happy that Patti has came back to the gang!! :) Hope you are doing well and have a wonderful weekend!

Heather said...

Fabulous card!! It feels so calm and serene to go along with that heron.