Monday, June 03, 2019

June 3,2019 Project of the Week

This week over at The House that Stamps Built  it is my turn to show you the project of the week.  Just seems like we were wishing the snow would end, and now it is June. 

For my project- embossing on mulberry paper, I used Hello from plate 9900 and
Baby Owl 2613-H .   The Hello plate has multiple stamps that you can mix and match and is such a bargain for you to purchase the entire plate. 

For my supplies I gathered my Versa-Mark Ink pad, gold embossing powder, stamps, embossing folder, water, and mulberry paper.  I have had my mulberry paper for quite some time - ok a really long time - and keep waiting for it to be popular again in stamping.  One of the techniques I enjoyed was embossing on the mulberry paper. 


I stamped the Baby Owl and the hello on two individual pieces of mulberry paper, and sprinkled gold embossing powder on each.  Make sure all the strays are gone, then "carefully" heat set your embossing powder - DO NOT overheat or it will be a disappointment - ask me how I know. 

Here is the image heat set on the white mulberry paper.  After image cooled - I sprayed with water around the image and carefully tore the edge letting some of the woven strings stay.  It will tear very easily when slightly moistened. 

I used brown cardstock and ran it through a Sizzix embossing wood grain folder to use for mounting my images on.  I attache the woodgrain piece on a piece of light kraft cardstock.  To apply the embossed images I used liquid glue and carefully dotted glue behind the embossing on both the hello and the baby owl, so the ink dries clear and can't be seen. 

Finished card - I think this will go out in the mail this week to my senior buddy in Canada.  He is a "bird watcher" so I think he will enjoy this card.
I bet most of us have all the supplies in our stash so get our the mulberry paper and give this a try. 

4 comments:

*Vicki* said...

I haven't used mulberry paper in so long! I don't have any either! Love the way this looks especially with the embossing over it!! Nicely done!! HUGS

Donna said...

Such an adorable card Shirley!

Cheryl W said...

Your embossing looks really pretty on the mulberry paper, and the frayed edges make an interesting frame. I don't think I've ever worked with mulberry paper, but I'm going to keep my eye out for some.

loz said...

Fabulous card and technique Shirley..Loz