Wednesday, July 03, 2019

July 3, 2019 Red White and Blue Challenge



This week over at the House that Stamps Built Donna choose to have our challenge as Red, White and Blue.  I usually send a few 4th of July cards out to family and my chemo buddies.  And today is dear daughters birthday - ok I will tell you she is 53 - wow hard to believe that I have a daughter in her 50's.  She is an amazing daughter, wife, and mother and I am so proud of the woman she has become. 

For my red white and blue challenge I used 9116-N Hot Air Balloon Cluster  and 3702-G USA.  I played with a couple of different layouts and finally decided I liked this one the best.  USA is stamped in red and the Balloons are stamped in navy.  I cut my Hot Air Balloon Cluster into 3 individual balloons for versatility in stamping.  I used an old stand by - the stamp positioner - for placement of the balloons.  Yes I love my Misti and Stamparatus but nothing like the original stamp positioner.  I layered my main layer on  some 4th of July DP, then on top I added a piece of "cloud" vellum that I have had for a really long time on top of the main layer - keeping my vellum in place with 2 small red stars.  The vellum was sheer enough that the focal images were seen - a bit muted but I like the end result.   

 Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Red, White and Blue.   So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. ow it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Use a Stencil  -  and  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.

Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 
 Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie    Esther  and Patti. 

7 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful layout! Like the vellum on the yummy dp. Happy 4th to you and yours!

Esther Asbury said...

What a cool red, white, and blue card with that super fun cloud vellum! Love it!

Donna said...

How stunning Shirley, great design and like the vellum overlay. Have a fun holiday!

Heather said...

Very cool! Love how you used the hot air balloons. And I agree, I use my stamp-a-ma-jig for most of my rubber stamping, though I do love my misti!

Patti J said...

I still grab for my older tools often! Love your card, Shirley - it's so pretty coming from behind that vellum! Great idea - beautiful card!

loz said...

Fabulous card Shirley. You must have had your daughter when you were very young..LOL..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Those hot air balloons are a neat idea. I have some dies that I could cut out of red, white and blue for 4th of July cards. Thanks so much for the inspiration!