Monday, March 23, 2020

March 23, 2020 Pick of the week - Wreath Builder

This week it is my turn to do  Pick of the Week or Project of the Week over at
the House that Stamps Built.

I am going to show you how to make and use your own wreath template.  My first template was one that was homemade and given to me by a friend, but there are "several" templates you can purchase at your local stamp store, or online. If you make your own here is what you need:

You can get this at a craft store/office supply store or if you have a heavier piece of acetate you can use that.

You will need to cut 2 squares from heavy cardstock. You may make your wreath any size but the most frequently used is 3 inch, 3 3/4 inch and 4 inch.  For this project I used 2   -  4 inch squares.
Lay your squares on top of each other as show in the above picture.  Place your pattern on top of your acetate or craft plastic, draw around image with pencil and cut with sharp craft knife.You will use the negative portion to make your wreath.

Gather your supplies:

You will need a precise stamping platform of your preference, magnets, stamps, I used 3112-E Life's Short  and 4513-C Rubber Stamp Small.


With a small piece of washi tape or purple tape put your stencil in the bottom right of your stamping platform (I used a Misti). Place your square of cardstock inside the open area of the stencil.  Place your stamp face down on the right side of the stencil as shown. Pick up stamp with the lid of your stamp platform.


Apply ink to your rubber stamp and close platform door stamping your first image. Do NOT move stamp.

 Turn your square piece of card stock one position to the RIGHT again ink the stamp and stamp the second image, continue to do this as in picture below,always turning your 4 inch square to the right. You will NOT move your stamp only the square piece of cardstock.  Do this step until you have your wreath completed - there will 8 images in a perfect wreath shape.




Completed stamped wreath with sentiment stamped in the middle.

Now lets color your newly formed wreath:

I chose to go with some bright and happy colors as stamping makes me HAPPY.  I had picked out my DP that I wanted to layer the 4 inch square on so I tried to match the colors on the DP.

I made my base card a 5 1/2 inch square, cut my DP to a 5 inch square and then on top the 4 inch wreath square.



Hope you will get creative and try this with different size squares and images.

3 comments:

loz said...

fabulous tutorial and card shirley.. thanks for sharing...loz

Cheryl W said...

Wonderful tutorial! I actually made my own wreath builders (3 3/4" and 4") a while ago. Haven't used them for some months now, but I've been thinking about getting them out again. Love your colorful card. It's a fun one to give to a crafty friend or family member.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Shirley, this is absolutely brilliant and I honestly never thought to make one of these myself and I don't know why! I must give it a try now! I love the way you've used that rubber stamp image for your wreath design! Very cute and clever my friend! Sending healthy hugs and peace!