Monday, October 25, 2021

Embossed Envelope Flap POTW The House that Stamps Built

This week is my week over at The House that Stamps Built  for the pick of the week.  I chose to share a really quick and easy technique that adds fun and that wow feature to the envelope of your card.  All you need are an embossing machine, embossing folders and a square back envelope.  


With Christmas coming up I am thinking a few/most/some of us have started Christmas cards.  What a nice touch this will add to your envelope flap and talk about easy.  

I used a full size embossing folder as well as a small narrow folder.  I was going through my embossing folders I saw several that will work for Christmas.  Use the sandwich that your machine recommends.  


I usually decorate the front of my envelopes especially on my Christmas cards and I had the stamps that went with these two embossing folders I choose. 








For the snowflake envelope I used 8914-E Snowflake solid small  and for the poinsettia envelope I used 2015-D Tiny poinsettia .  

Play around with some of your embossing folders and I think you will be pleased with the results. 


Shirley  


6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

The embossed envelopes are so pretty and elegant looking! I forgot to do this as it's a great way to subtly dress up an envelope! Thanks for the great inspiration friend!

Cheryl W said...

I'm not sure why, but I couldn't read your blog today. I could see the pictures just fine, but not the text - it was just a series of solid white lines. I like the idea of using some of he smaller embossing folders to emboss envelopes, though. I think I have that narrow Christmas one. I need to get it out and give it a try.

Donna said...

Great idea Shirley!

Lynette said...

How fun, and what a great idea!

Patti J said...

Love this idea! What a great POTW!

loz said...

Great idea shirley I have never tried this but will give it a go..Loz