Wednesday, October 13, 2021

The House that Stamps Built - Feature a Creature

 This week over at  The House that Stamps Built our challenge is Feature a Creature.  Well my creature selection is 4216-M Gray Wolf and for my  sentiment I chose a Born to Be Wild 9108-G with a bit of an alteration.  I just wanted the first line of the stamp so I carefully cut just that part from the second line.  This is the beauty of rubber stamps.  


I stamped and heat embossed the wolf in black embossing powder and colored with copic markers.  Love how some of the fur looks brown although I used the same gray throughout.  I mounted him on two ovals - as you can see this design paper had large check on the front and small check on the back.  Used a little different fold in this one, the bottom of the ovals lift up for you to put a note and signature inside.  Again simple as I try to go with simple on my male cards.  

Now it is your turn to make a card or project using the challenge of Feature a Critter.. So many possibilities on this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do  you will have two chances to win a $25 gift certificate towards stamps. using the challenge of Feature a Critter.  
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

 Joy   Donna   Heather   Lauri  and Patti. 

9 comments:

Donna said...

Great card for this challenge, I don't have either of these stamps. Like the fold and this is a fabulous masculine card!

Lynette said...

Very cool card and nicely colored!

loz said...

Fantastic card design Shirley...loz

Cheryl W said...

Super masculine card! I really like the way your wolf extends a bit beyond the oval die-cut. I've cut a few of my clear stamps apart. Sometimes they're just easier to use that way.

Laurie Unger said...

I can hear the wolf howling! What a cool masculine card!

Diane said...

Love the wolf! Also love the sentiment. It got me singing lol. Great Fun Fold.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done!!! I love this wonderful masculine card, dear friend! Way to rock the creature feature!

Heather said...

Fabulous masculine card! I do love how the fur looks! And those patterned ovals look really cool!

*Vicki* said...

What a very cool wolf image! Love the ovals for this fun fold design and it's a perfect masculine card too! Really great inspiration friend!