Thursday, June 08, 2023

Stadium Wave Cards


 Our project at Cuppa and a Card Tuesday was to make a Stadium Wave Card - and Ruth was our instructor for this card.  Looks complicated - but - Ruth had it all mapped out for us and it was really not hard at all.  In fact it was fun!!! We made the Balloon card at Cuppa and a Card - I then came home and made my "Girly" one so I wouldn't forget how to make it.  Have some friends coming next week so this is one of the cards we are going to make. 

              


The balloons are by StampinUP - cute set of balloons - complete with dies as well as matching 6 x 6 designer papers. 

The next pictures is the one I came home and made




The girly one also uses StampinUP (retired) no dies so I fussy cut the images, purses, perfume, shoes, coin purse.  Again matching 6 x 6 designer paper to match.  This one is going to daughter for her birthday in July.  

Both card have a 1 inch decorated belly band to hold it in place, as it is thicker than just a normal A2 card.  The Happy Birthday was cut from a holographic paper plate.  Yes a paper plate.  It goes through the die cutting machine with no problem and there are so many cute paper plates at Walmart and Dollar Tree.   
 



7 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Your popped up cards look amazing! What a fun surprise to see when the card gets opened! I think this was probably so much fun to do for your class too! Really loving the colorful balloons! Thanks for sharing these!

loz said...

Fabulous cards and design Shirley. Never heard of a stadium wave card... I love you 2nd card the best..Loz

Cheryl W said...

I LOVE interactive cards, but I don't always have time to make them. I was really intrigued by your stadium card, so I had to find a video to show me how it's done. I found one and I'm gong to give it a try. It looks like a lot of fun to make. Yours are terrific, and the ladies you teach to make this card are really going to enjoy it.

Donna said...

These are fabulous cards Shirley, you will have to show me how to make one!!

loz said...

Hi Shirley. You asked if the box on my card is a die.. No. I just cut out a rectangle and cut 1inch off the top for the opening..Loz

Patti J said...

You did a great job on your wave cards! Way to go, bestie! Love these, and can’t wait to create another one!

Laurie Unger said...

What a cool idea! Never seen these before - what awesome inspiration! Checking this out. Thanks for showcasing these wondeful makes!