Monday, September 25, 2023

Fractured Card

 This technique seems to be taking Pinterest as well the internet by storm.  It is called Fractured Card Technique - or Faux Shutter Technique.  It is fun - easy - all you really have to do is figure what Designer Paper and Image you are going to use.  


We made this one at our Cuppa and a Card get together two weeks ago - and I am thinking it will make some fun fall and winter cards.  Our image in the middle was on a 2" white square.  The strips are 1/4 inch.  You can use about any white base - as long as it has straight edges.  I am going to have fun this weekend trying different punches and dies that I have with straight edges.  

7 comments:

Donna said...

Stunning card, this is a fun technique, glad you showed it to me when you visited.

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful card! I love the papers you've used here and it has such a striking look! I've seen several of these too and looks like something I'll have to be trying out like I said I was going to try out all those other things that come out! LOL Thanks for sharing your pretty inspiration!

Cheryl W said...

I think you picked the perfect dsp for this card. I love it! I've been meaning to try this technique, but I just haven't gotten around to it, yet. Thanks for reminding me!

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun card technique. I have to say that this is the first I've seen of it - I guess that is what happens when the day job has to take priority. Wonderful design, can't wait to try it.

loz said...

Gorgeous card and layout Shirley...Loz

wannabcre8tive said...

Awesome card. Love the fractured card. A great technique.

loz said...

Beautiful card and papers you used Shirley..Loz