Sunday, November 19, 2023

Quilt and card

 Has it really been that long since I posted???  

I am having knee replacement surgery December 5 - (don't want to but "have" to).  My sweet friend Ruth made me a beautiful lap quilt - which I know I will be using a lot during my recovery.  


I made her a thank you card going with a "quilt" theme.  I have had this die for ages - and use it mostly for Christmas cards but I thought it was perfect for a thank you card.  I went through my "stash of DP" and found this cherry paper - not the same color but I think it works.  I also used black tiny gingham and red tiny polka dot.  Die cut the word Thanks.  Not only was this card fun to make - it was made with appreciation for such a good friend and her talents. 


 A personal note of appreciate and thanks on the inside.  


6 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, what a beautiful lap quilt, that will be perfect as you recover. The card is perfect, matches the quilt theme and is stunning!

Cheryl W said...

I was so glad to see your post, but sorry to hear you have to go through knee replacement surgery. Your knee should work much better after you heal. My husband has had both knees replaced, and he's so glad he did. The lap quilt is beautiful, made even more so because it was made by a friend. Your card is a lovely way to say thanks.

*Vicki* said...

That is a really nice quilt and so beautiful! How nice of your friend to do that and you've made her an equally beautiful quilt card for her in return that was very well thought out! Sending you hugs and a quick recovery my friend!

Patti J said...

Ruth does such gorgeous work! You will cherish this beautiful quilt forever, and will certainly enjoy it next week! And your card turned out perfectly!!! What a blessing to have such good friends!

loz said...

I hope your knee surgery goes alright and a speedy recovery Shirley. A beautiful quilt your friend made and the thank you card is perfect for a quilter...Loz

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful quilt and card. I hope you are recovering nicely from your knee surgery.