Sunday, October 24, 2010

October Blog Hop




This month our theme at Paper Wings Blog Hop is "anything but an A2 card!!! that left it open to a lot of imagination so I am sure you will be inspired by this months blog hop. For my card I chose to do a side step card - which I never tried before. I had so much fun making this card and it is for my dear GD birthday in Dec. She will be 9 so I didn't make it too cutesy for her now that she is "a big girl". I used Fairy Birthday, and for the words I used For Someone Special and Ordinary Greetings. The DP I close for the dress and darling cupcakes (done with a MS punch) I used TACs new Emma line which is double sided. The next card I made was in Technique Junkie bonus this month and it is a swing card using nesties. This was a super fun card to make also as I used the arsy set from TAC Art Gave Her Wings. I embossed her and did no coloring, just the gold embossing. Why not hop on over and see what everyone else has made this month:
Rita
Angela:
Chelsea
Julie
CindyLou
Carol
Teresa
Lisa

13 comments:

Teresa Jenkins said...

Such neat cards! I love step cards too... more places to put images :-) That swing card is different and so pretty!

Chelsea said...

I love the cupcake card!!! Great details! Thanks for hosting tonight!

Patti J said...

Thanks for another fabby hop, my friend!!! Love both of your cards! That swing card is awesome, and you did a wonderful job on your step card! Great coloring, and your choice of DP's is perfection!!! Too much fun!

Lisadwb said...

I love both of your cards, they look so fancy!! =) I bet your GD is tickled with her extra special card.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Great cards Shirley! TFS :)

Angela K said...

Wonderful cards! I have not tried either of these types of cards, I am going to have to give them a try! TFS

Laura said...

These are great cards! And I love the paper pieced dress on the little fairy! So sweet!

Heidi Hihn said...

Both cards are simply lovely! You did a wonderful job on both of them!

Unknown said...

Both are so cool! I have yet to play with the swing card technique but hope to soon!

Anonymous said...

Your GD will absolutely love the card you made for her - it is adorable. The swing card looks like it is so much fun to make - I'd better get those nestabilities out and play with them some more! Thanks for hosting the blog hop this month!

AmethystCat said...

Love the cards! wow - the swing card - love the way the nesties look with that. I'm going to have to give that a whirl! awesome!

Kim said...

Wow! These are both wonderful Shirley!

Julie Robinson said...

wow - you continue to amaze me! These are just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!