Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Technique Junkie New Technique



When I receive my bi-monthly technique newsletter I always try to make at least one if not more of the new techniques. This month I tried the Texture Duet - I used the same stamp set Blossoms and Blessings - (I just love this flower) you get 8 images for $19.95This month TAC is offering a "mini" version of this set for $3.95. The purple card is done using Mulberry DP and CS - the image is colored with the shimmer chalks and I spritzed it with our new shimmer spray in frostS317 and IRL it just makes the card shimmer. The pink card I highlighted the cuttlebug embossing with a light pink ink pad - and used some gold cs (cut with a nesties border die) in the middle. Of course had to add just a bit of bling to this card with the 2 crystals colored with copic markers. This flower I colored with Water color crayons and my water brush. When I spritzed it with the shimmer spray it altered the colors on the flower but I think it is just fine - added a bit of character.

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Character and beauty! I love what it did! Both of these cards are perfect. I love each of them, I can't decide which I like best! Great job - very well done, dear friend! Can't wait to see them IRL...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty!! I love the purple and texture!! Beautiful flower image!

Julie Robinson said...

beautiful cards!

Chelsea said...

gorgeous!! love how both of these cards have a different look!

Teresa Jenkins said...

Such a neat technique! Love the colors and the flowers are so pretty!

Unknown said...

Both cards are great! I've yet to try this technique.