Wednesday, August 02, 2017

August 2, 2017 DCC - Sound of Music


The first Wednesday of the month is designers choice over at The House that Stamps Built  and this week Cheri picked your favorite movie.  I had recently received the music stamp 6806-U Sheet Music  and my favorite movie is
THE SOUND OF MUSIC so this worked perfectly.  I used my Misti and stamped the image in black.  For my sentiment I used 2521-H A Friend Knows which I embossed in white on a black die cut.  I added some punched notes, and some bling pearls on my sentiment  and layered this on black/white polkadot bg.


Now it is your turn to your turn to make a card using the challenge theme your Favorite Movie.  the possibilities are endless for this challenge so hope to see lots of entries. 
You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice in the drawing for a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 
If you look on my right side bar I also have a discount coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now - take a look at what our design team has made to get you started.
  Cheri     Deonna      Joy     Donna   Heather  Laurie   and   Patti  

8 comments:

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun take on such a great movie! Awesome job with the challenge, Shirley.

Donna said...

Stunning card Shirley! This is so elegant in black and white,and I really like that saying!

Cheri said...

Absolutely stunning card, Shirley and what a fabulous movie you picked! I love, love, love the back and white it's such a classy look for such a classy movie! Perfect in every way!

Heather said...

I almost used this same movie, but, while The Sound of Music IS a great movie, it is not my favorite, so I had to keep wracking my brain. Love the black and white and the sentiment is beautiful!

Cheryl W said...

This is such a great card, Shirley. I love cards with music on them, but I only have a really small music stamp, so can't use it for much. One of these days I'll get a card-sized music background stamp...I hope. :)

loz said...

Beautiful card and sentiment stamp Shirley..Loz

Diane said...

Love it! I also love that movie. Making it in black and white is gorgeous. Great take on the challenge.

Patti J said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Great job, dear friend!