Friday, August 25, 2017

August 25, 2017 Tranquil Tulips - OOPS

         


Can you spot the difference?  I know you have to look really hard right???

Every 2 weeks there is a group of stampers that meet at Panera's Bread and we stamp one card.  We have a great friend who is a SU demonstrator so she supplies all of the materials all we have to do is buy coffee and well maybe a pastry.  This is what happens when you start talking and not paying attention to what you are doing - OOPS - upside down.  And of course the sentiment was the last step of my card.  

When I taught beginning stamp classes many years ago I always told my students there was no mistakes in stamping - just an opportunity to embellish or that cardstock always had two sides.  Well the teacher had to come home and fix her mistake.  I used a punch - put my sentiment on a small slip of scrap CS and put it behind the punched area.  I added a few sequins to cover up where the script shows through and added a beautiful little bow (thanks Patti) and now the card i ready to be mailed.  

Needless to say we all look forward to out Cup and a Card morning every 2 weeks and have become good friends.  Thanks Sally for all you do.   


6 comments:

Sally McDonald said...

You are so welcome Shirley and you are so much fun to stamp with! I learn so much from you and all the other stampers, but the best part is all the fun we have! Never a dull moment! You'll like our next ACuppa and A Card because we are going to 'play' with the Label Me Pretty punch and stamp set and learn (or remind ourselves) the benefits of a punch in stamping! See you then my friend!

Diane said...

I love both versions of your cards! Yes it would be better if the sentiment were right side up! I have made that mistake many times, lol! I love that stamp set.

loz said...

I did not spot the mistake until I read your story.. I make lots of mistakes and have to do this often. When I made parchment cards I told everyone if there was a butterfly on their card it was covering a mistake..loz

Donna said...

Fabulous card and great fix!

Cheryl W said...

Your Cup and a Card group sounds like so much fun. Wish there was something like that in my area. Your card is really pretty, Shirley, and you solved your little "oops" perfectly!

Pam Sparks said...

oh man, we can laugh because we've all been in the same boat! So fun to get together with fellow card makers though! Beautiful tulips!