Wednesday, January 17, 2018

JANUARY 17, 2018 The House that Stamps Built Challenge





This week over at The House that Stamps Built our challenge is to use the inspiration photo and/or colors.  I choose to go with the photo - when I saw this picture I saw a doe and her young deer out in the snow covered woods looking for shelter for the night.  Using 4221-K Deer Family Silhouette I cut the buck apart from the doe and fawn as I really just had room for the two deer.  Love the flexibility of rubber!!!  I also used 2709-I and 2714-D Large and Small Pine Tree Forest on both sides of the deer.  For my sentiment I really wasn't sure what I wanted this card to convey so I used Sentiment Silent Wonder 6518-D

Using distress inks I blended blues/purples for both the sky and snow - masking off the moon.  Colored the moon in slightly with Scattered Straw distress ink, scattered a few star sequins in the sky, added some white gel pen to the trees, a shadow line under the trees and deer and I love how it turned out.  


Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Photo Inspiration  - as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

10 comments:

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous Shirley, beautiful scene and like how you grounded the deer and trees, the deer look like their feet are sunk into the snow. The touch of purple and yellow are perfect!

Esther Asbury said...

I thought this challenge was a little harder and was anxious to see all the different ways the DT interpreted the inspiration board. Looks like several us did the "winter forest" thing! Love the little scene you created with the deer....so lovely!

Pam Sparks said...

Pretty scene creating Shirley!

Heather said...

Wow, you saw all that in the photo? Impressive; I'm such a literalist! Great scene and perfect sentiment. The bit of dark purple in the shadows really makes everything pop!

Laurie Unger said...

Your winter forest scene is darling! Great job with the inspiration palette!

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful card! I love the extra touches you've added, like the shadows under the deer and trees. The sentiment you used is perfect.

joy said...

You have created such a quiet and pretty winter scene! Love it.

loz said...

Fabulous card and beautiful scene Shirley..loz

Diane said...

Great winter scene! I love the deer, and beautiful blending of colors.

Cheri said...

This scene completely drew me in, Shirley. I loved reading about your "vision" when you saw this inspiration piece. You did such a gorgeous job with this challenge.