Monday, January 22, 2018

January 22, 2018 POTW Faux Scallops


This week at The House that Stamps Built it is my week to do the POTW (pick  of the week)    I usually wonder what complicated technique or fold I can show but this time I went with a SIMPLE - (doesn't get any simpler than this.)  The supplies are something we all have on hand :    I know a couple of our Rock Stars love to use their left over scraps so hope this will come in handy for them.


 You will need  your card base - I used Kraft, layering piece cut 4 inches x 5 1/4  4  scraps of DP or pattern card stock - 1"x 4", distress ink (I used Old Paper, and a sponge dauber)  Versa-Fine Vintage Sepia, scallop circle punch,  1" circle punch, and adhesive.


 I had a bunch of kitty/cat DP which I had used in scrapping several years ago so I picked out 4 that I thought would go together.  Cut 4 strips of 1 inch by 4 inch DP and punch 4 -  1 inch circles from same DP.  Lay out your design  on your layering piece. 



I then distressed the edges of the strips and circles with Old Paper distress ink. When you get them the way you think they are eye appealing glue down your inch strips on your 1" x 4 1/4" layer  making sure you butt then right next to each other.  Place the circles on the bottom and glue them in place with about 1/2 of the circle below the strip line.  . 

After you have glued the strips and circles glue a 3/4 in. x 4 inch strip horizontally across the bottom of the strips and circles, making this look like a scallop.  At this time I also stamped my sentiment 1807-F I'm So glad found here


Stamp your focal image 2604-I Cat with Ribbon found here  on a scallop circle.  I colored the bow on kitty with an orange glitter pen.  I then tied a ribbon around the 3/4 inch strip and then used pop dots to pop up my scallop circle. 



Hope you try this - was fun and used up some of those small scraps that we all seem to collect.


4 comments:

Patti J said...

What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? Love the finished product, too...great job!

Donna said...

This is such an adorable card and what a great idea!

loz said...

Fabulous Kitty card Shirley. I would have to do a doggy one or there would be trouble in the house..Loz

Cheryl W said...

Great tutorial, Shirley, and a great way to use those scraps we all have. Super card! I love the idea of the circles at the end of each strip with a plain strip across. I've got to give this a try.