Wednesday, July 18, 2018

July 18, 2018 Inspiration Photo



This week over at The House that Stamps Built  our challenge was to use the photo inspiration and/or colors.  I went with the colors - I had the idea already then went looking in my stash for some BG papers, nothing there so it just so happens that Hobby Lobby is less than 5 minutes from my house (not good) and when I saw this piece of designer I knew that was my choice.  And the best part it was 50% off!!!  I used 9304-L Martini glass and the sentiment 9505-E Happpy Hour.  Now I'm not a martini drinker - well maybe just one of the fancy ones like a lemon twist or an appletini but not the original.  Just give me the olive.  I colored my image with some spectrum glitter brushes and copics, fussy cut the glass and popped it up a bit.  Martinis are served on a coaster so the doily is my coaster.  This was a fun challenge and hope you enjoy. 

  Now it is your turn to make a card using the challenge of  Inspiration Photo/Colors  as you can see there are a lot of possibilities for this challenge.  You have a full month to enter our challenge to win.  You do not have to use Repeat Impressions stamps but if you do you will be entered twice for the drawing of a $25 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions. 

If you look on my right side bar I also have a discounted coupon for you to use when you go shopping at Repeat Impressions.
Now why not take a look at our DT Rock Stars for inspiration and to get you started. 

Cheri    Joy   Donna   Heather   Laurie  and  Esther 

9 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

How lucky are you to live 5 minutes from Hobby Lobby?! The closest craft store to me is over an hour away! Love the DP you bought to create your fun card - it mimics the stones in the inspiration photo perfectly!

Darnell said...

This is amazing, Shirley! And I LOOOOOOOOOVE that sediment! So TRUE! If you make another design with your drinkie-poo and photo them together, you can enter the current Twofer challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Donna said...

Fabulous card and take on the challenge, like that background paper and the doilies with your image!

Laurie Unger said...

What a fun take on the photo challenge this week, Shirley. I struggled with it.

Patti J said...

Ha ha...this is so cute! You outdid yourself on this one, my friend! Great job! Thanks for the smiles!

Cheri said...

Love this fun card, Shirley!!! Perfect find for the background....good think HL isn't close by to me, I'd be in trouble!

loz said...

Fun colourful card Shirley..Loz

Diane said...

Great card! I love the colors you chose.

Heather said...

Such a fun card! Love that fabulous background paper! I would never survive (well at least my bank account wouldn't) if I lived that close to ANY craft store!! It's best for me that I have to drive 30 minutes or so to get to any. But your paper is perfect, so it was a good find!