Monday, August 27, 2018

August 27, 2018 POTW at The House that Stamps Built

This is the last week in August - wow has the summer gone to fast!!!  I've been wanting to get out my fall stamps - so since it was my turn to do POTW over at
The House that Stamps Built , I decided to go with some fall leaves.

Supplies:  white cardstock cut 3 3/4 by 3 3/4  Kraft cardstock cut 4 by 4  base card 4 1/4 by 5 1/2in color that goes well with the leaves.  Scraps of glitter paper, scraps of coordinating cardstock for embossing extra leaves, circle dies,,,,, gold embossing powder, twine, and ink colors of your choice.  Stamps used:
6512E   Everyday blessings    3214G   Thanksgiving Blessings  3311C  Acorn
3312E   Maple Leaf     3306I   Falling Leaves.


I have seen several "template kits out there for circle wreaths, but I just drew my own circle using a die cut and a light pencil line (which you will latter erase) - finding the center of the card stock first and then positioning the die.  You could use any circle or a compass.  



Next I started stamping my leaf stamp with my chosen first color - I stamped in multiples of three in each color - fairly evenly spaced for eye appeal.  I stamped in threes using all three of my ink colors.  Brown, orange and a darker red.  






I then embossed additional leaves from Falling Leaves stamp as well as the Acorns using gold embossing powder.  I then fussy cut out the leaves and acorns.  I embossed my 1 1/4 inch circle with Everyday Blessings as well as embossed Thanksgiving Blessings at the bottom of my base card.  I erased the circle line with a soft eraser.  Next I layered my circles two of which were cut from glitter paper/card stock..  After the circles are in place I fit in additional leaves from Falling Leaves and the Acorns where there was a bit of a gap or that were eye appealing.  I used some tiny pop dots to pop up my acorns.  


Here is the final card, with just a bit of neutral twine tied on the card.  I am now ready to start seeing some fall colors in the woods behind our house.  Give this a try - you can use a variety of stamps you already have from small flowers, twigs, leaves, and yes I even did one with feathers.  

  


6 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Love this fun idea for creating a fall wreath card!!
Thought you might like to know...I finally got around to trying the technique you shared back in May, Retiform Stamping! It's up on my blog today: https://www.shoregirlscreations.com/2018/08/retiform-stamping.html

loz said...

Gorgeous autumn card and stamping Shirley. I like how you used a circle die to trace so it would be even..I have to remember that idea..loz

Donna said...

Stunning card and fabulous tutorial!

Cheryl W said...

This card is beautiful, Shirley! I love fall colors, too. We have a lot of Maple trees here in Minneapolis, and they turn crimson and gold in the fall. They're so beautiful. On sunny days, they look fluorescent!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow the colors on this are so stunning and especially for Fall! I do love Fall and all that it brings! :) Such a clever way to make a wreath design too...need to give that a try sometime for sure!! Thanks for sharing my friend! HUGS

Cheri said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Shirley! That gold embossing adds such an elegant touch to the arrangement of leaves. Great POTW.