Monday, February 11, 2019

February 11, 2019 POTW - Valentine Hearts

This week  at The House that Stamps Built, it is my turn to do a project of the week.
 This quick and easy Valentine greeting is "full" of goodies and quick and easy to make.  If you have some foil wrapped chocolate hearts then you can make a few of these before LOVE day.  I will "reveal" what is inside at the end of my post.

First the supplies are everything that most of us have on hand.

I chose two stamps to use with my project, 1204-I LOVE, and I thought the
219-C Love Letter went very well with this project.  As you can see the supplies are very basic. You will need a piece of kraft card stock measuring 6 1/4 x 5 1/2, score on the 6 1/4in side at 2 3/4 and 3 1/2, fold score lines both mountain folds.  You will need a piece of coordinating card stock measuring 5 in x 2 5/8 for you to stamp on.  You will need a piece of ribbon about 12 in. long, and oh 3 yummy chocolate hearts.  These are Reese's Peanut Butter hearts (my hubby's favorite).




I dug around in my tool drawer and found my stamp position tool  (yes I still use this tool.) I stamped it once on the acrylic piece that comes with this tool and then using that as my guide I stamped the LOVE a total of three times lining it up pretty close.  I then decided where I wanted my ribbon and made just a small pencil mark and then random stamped the love letter on the bottom.  



 I added my ribbon with glue dots and added some black splatters - I like red, white, kraft and black combination.  

Oh I think I said I would show you what was on the inside well here is the card opened.  I used some double sided foam tape to hold my chocolate hearts inside.  I can assure you they won't be there very long.



Why not grab some supplies and make a couple of these before Valentine Day.  A trip to the store for chocolate hearts and you have a card and a giftie.  


2 comments:

loz said...

Fantastic project Shirley. Are there any chocolates left or have you already eaten them??Loz

*Vicki* said...

I saw your project on the blog earlier and wanted to tell you how cool your Valentine project is! Love the yummy chocolates surprise inside...and yes, have you eaten them? :) HUGS